Tuesday 27 March 2018

An imagined Heaven (a poem)


(by Andrew Bangalan)

Refrain

I am glad
'Cause he has released
Me from my sin
My heart is free
To love again.

I belong to
A path that is heaven-bound
My father’s abundant love
Gave me a chance to choose.

A different path
From the world around me
Love does not remember wrongs.

It’s an immense love
That forgives
A heartless heart is
just what I can’t have

No war
No strife
It’s where we belong
With God in heaven.

It is our home
Nowhere else.
Seconds in life
Eternity in heaven.

My heart is rich
'Cause nothing on earth
Can compare
To the love of God.


Un paradis imaginé

Refrain


Je suis content
Parce qu'il m'a libéré
de mon péché
Mon cœur est libre
d'aimer encore.

J'appartiens à
Une voie qui mène au ciel
L'amour abondant de mon père
M'a donné une chance de choisir.

Un chemin différent
Du monde qui m'entoure
L'amour ne se souvient pas du mal.

C'est un amour immense
Cela pardonne
Un cœur sans cœur, 
c'est justement ce que je ne peux avoir.

Pas de guerre
Pas de conflit
C'est où nous appartenons
Avec Dieu au ciel.

C'est notre maison
Nulle part ailleurs.
Secondes dans la vie
L'éternité au paradis.

Mon cœur est riche
parce que rien sur terre ne
Peut comparer
À l'amour de Dieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Defeat

  Long Defeat (Sam Farrugia)   “It’ll be over by Christmas”, the soldiers used to say But Dad, we never used to celebrate Christmas,...