Tuesday 13 February 2018

HER (a poem)



“HER”

(by Samuel Farrugia)


What is this novel way of expressing life?
From whose eyes have come this blinding vision?
From where surges this newfound strength?
From what spring bubbles this unexpected joy?
On what breeze arrived this deepest of laughter?
What has provoked this unceasing restlessness?

I cannot sleep
I cannot awake
I cannot stop
I cannot bear it
I must continue...to the point of distraction
I cannot pause to call to mind...

her smile
her laugh
her voice
her penetrating gaze
her tender presence
her gentle power

her and I...is this the sign?

she has obsessed me
she has captured me
she has inspired me
she has enthralled me
she has overpowered me
she has bewitched me

she and me...could it be?

soon...I must bare my soul
soon...I must take the leap of faith
soon...I must believe my heart
soon...I must be freed by truth
soon...I must surrender my dreams
soon...I must confess my love...to her

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Defeat

  Long Defeat (Sam Farrugia)   “It’ll be over by Christmas”, the soldiers used to say But Dad, we never used to celebrate Christmas,...