Friday 9 February 2018

THEOLOGY BLUES... (a poem)




THEOLOGY BLUES...

(by Samuel Farrugia)


Haven’t you heard?
I’m a theology nerd
Too smart for church
Too dumb for those liberal jerks
What will I do?
My bills are due
Maybe I’ll come and live with you
And we can argue about Arius and Marcion
And reminisce ‘bout when we’d get our freak on
Before we went to Bible school
We can just watch the tube
And sing the theology blues...
Almost lost my faith
Can’t seem to find love
It always flies away just like a dove
My hope begins to fade
But then I start to pray
It’s OK, tomorrow’s another day
Maybe they’ll let me teach
God knows they won’t let me preach
The theology blues... singin’ those theology blues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Defeat

  Long Defeat (Sam Farrugia)   “It’ll be over by Christmas”, the soldiers used to say But Dad, we never used to celebrate Christmas,...